After the enthusiastic response of Dishti 2011 Antardrishti has decided to organize Drishti Yatra – a multi-city campaign for the promotion of eye donation. Drisht Yatra has already been launched from Agra on 29th of January 2012. Through these “yatras” a very innovative awareness campaign is launched using tools of mass media and films.
- Prime objective of Drishti Yatra is to bring awareness and to clear misconceptions about eye donations through films and multimedia tools.
- To create nationwide network of volunteers for promotion of eye donation.
- To bring eye donation among people’s agenda through constructive discussion and participation.
Drishti Yatra will be conducted in over a dozen cities all across India. For these yatras a complete package for the promotion of eye donation is designed which is suited to various Target Groups. Total duration of each presentation is roughly 2 hours followed by a press conference at every station.
Activity and Programmes:
The presentation includes following items:
- Formal opening of the programme by local stake holders.
- Brief audio-visual introduction to Drishti Yatra.
- Films Screening – Duration 40 minute. (Screening of short listed films from Drishti on the theme of eye donation)
- Presentation on eye donation.
- Question and answer session.
- On the spot Quiz Contest on eye donation.
- Distribution of forms and on the spot issuance of Eye Donation cards.
- Closing of programme with prize distribution.
- Tea and refreshment break.
- Press Conference